BLOG: Farewell Not So Faithful Friend...

banner

2005/02/03

Farewell Not So Faithful Friend...

I was in the midst of writing a post last night when my modem died. I think I might have overloaded it with my amateur electrician skills.

You see, I own a cat who likes to eat things that are best left uneaten. Like AC Adapter cords, for instance. I don't know why an animal would constantly chew through a live wire unless they enjoyed pain. Thus I was not surprised when I come home and found that the cord has been chewed completely through.

When this happens, I just fall back on my McGuyver training. I find a pair of scissors, strip back the plastic and expose the bright copper wires beneath. Then I twist them together and I have a working modem once again.

Apparently, this little trick only works a number of times before the modem decides it's had enough. Either that or my ISP sends a suicide command to the modem after a predetermined amount of time so I'll have to buy another one.

What's ironic is that I can post to my website from work but not actually view it. So I'll be flying blind for a while. I won't be able to read your comments- not that I have any- so don't think that I'm being terribly antisocial.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wireless, man, Wireless.

Bit hard for a cat to chew through a wireless modem connection.

Go wireless!

Chriz

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters