BLOG: 76 Days to Sweet Blessed Freedom

banner

2005/01/31

76 Days to Sweet Blessed Freedom

Day 77: Today during first period one of my students made a fake knife out of paper. He entertained himself by pretending to get up for a real purpose and then "stabbing" the knife in their sides, as if they were in prison and he was taking them out. He found the whole thing hilarious. Perfect.One of them, in a rare display of civility, asked me how my evening went the night before. I told them that I has researched some law schools, and one of them (the knife-maker) pipes up:"You ain't goin' to law school, Mr. So-and-so, you stayin' here with US!"At this point three thoughts cross my mind:

1) This student is a professional stalker and should be watched at all times from this moment forward.

2) I have never quite heard the sound before that emanated from his mouth when he said the word "us". It was so haunting and chilling, so deep in its intensity that one could use it to send forth the troops into battle. To top it off, he held the note because either his brain didn't tell him to stop or he just really liked the sound. Shudder.

3) I need to learn karate... just in case.

By the way, none of my students believe I've never smoked weed. They can't comprehend somebody being over the age of 18 and never having tried marijuana before.

I think they think I'm an alien.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters