BLOG: 77 Days to Sweet Blessed Freedom

banner

2005/01/31

77 Days to Sweet Blessed Freedom

Day 78: I walk into class and find that someone has spilt orange soda on the carpet. This is ten minutes before class actually starts, by the way. I'm thinking of hiding out in the teacher's lounge until the last possible moment from now on but I'm afraid they rip the paint from the walls and eat it. Also, the teacher's lounge at my school is full of plate-glass windows that look out into the hall, so you have to keep your head down unless you want to lock eyes with students and get the eerie sensation that you're an animal in a zoo. What happened to the old teacher's lounges, the ones that smelled of cigarette smoke and old couches- and students never DARED enter? Sigh. To keep my sanity, I went to the craft store last night and bought Modeling Clay for 1.00 a pack to keep them occupied. Unless you give them an activity that is tactile and kinesthetic, you might as well call the day a failure. To tie it to English, I had them give their sculpture as a gift and write a letter to accompany it. Sounds like a good idea, right? Wrong. One of them made a bong. He claims it's an "incense holder", but I know better. Once he knew I was on to him he said it was a tree. Whatever. Will write more later. Students are returning from lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters