BLOG: 78 days to sweet blessed freedom....

banner

2005/01/31

78 days to sweet blessed freedom....


I'm a teacher- wait, let me rephrase that. I'm a teacher five out of six periods. For one of the periods, I sit in the classroom trying to keep from breaking down because of my students. They are so far below the level of civility and decency that I'm accustomed to that I'm simply amazed each and every day.

Note: I do not have behavior problems in the rest of my classes- just this one. I don't know why this class is an anomaly, but it is.So, for the next 78 days I'm going to post on the day's events here in an effort to keep my sanity. We'll see how that works out, won't we? Feel free to comment or just read on a daily basis.

Day 79:One of the students stole my lunch. I tried to argue morality with a remedial student and failed miserably. Three of them were clearly high based on abnormal pupil dilation and exceedingly calm behavior. (They also laughed at everything I said, like "Hey".)

Half the class did their work- work that could have been accomplished by a bright 5 year-old. (This is high school, BTW.) Two of them failed all of their classes last semester, including PE.To top it all off, I've received two new students in the last five days!The ones that aren't bad are just plain lazy.(I think Yeats said something like that, but I'm too tired to look it up.) In 78 days I quit.

Counting the days...

1 Comments:

Blogger dawnsia said...

Stole your lunch? Stole your lunch?

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters