BLOG: Hell on Earth

banner

2005/01/31

Hell on Earth

Update: Attended a teacher's meeting during my planning period. I walk in and hear cheesy 70's music wafting through the room. A lady is passing out Dum-dums from a wicker basket.
This must be what hell is like, I think.
The point of the meeting was to teach teachers how to teach students to write a five-paragraph essay for the new SAT. That's great- I'm all for it. What I have a problem with is that I'm learning what a thesis statement is from someone who doesn't teach English. I'm an English teacher. In essence, I've just spent the last forty-five minutes of my life learning how to write a thesis statement. I'm an semi-accomplished writer with a degree in English. This is ridiculous.
Those same damn plate glass windows mock me across the table. At one point I seriously consider launching myself through them. Then I could stand, and with the mortal wound bleeding out, watch their astonished faces. It would be worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters