BLOG: Tired

banner

2005/03/18

Tired

I've been going nonstop since Wednesday, I think- after a while, all of the days start to blur together. I can't believe it's been over a week since Grandpa died.

Today there was a multicultural fair at the school. This means that there were booths set up representing different countries. Most of the students attending used it as a buffet, since many of the displays contained food from their respective country.

In theory, only English teachers were supposed to attend, which meant that every student would go once. Well, that didn't happen. Math teachers let their students go, then NJROTC. It devolved into a situation where students were going four out of six periods.

To top it off, there was entertainment. By "entertainment", I mean that one of the assistant principals was playing his guitar and singing. I was not there to witness it, but several people swear that he played "Purple Rain". If you knew this guy, you would understand why that's funny. He might be the most straightlaced person in the world. It would be like Hitler doing the polka.

Yesterday I began showing the 1974 version of The Great Gatsby- the one starring Robert Redford and Mia Farrow. It follows the book pretty closely, and it's just interesting enough that the students don't fall asleep.

I promise I'll write more tomorrow- I just wanted to announce my return to the blog.

Thanks for all the comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters