BLOG: Scribble-Scrabble

banner

2005/02/23

Scribble-Scrabble

I love Scrabble.

I play it online, I play the computer, I play anyone who's willing to throw down a few tiles. I'm officially addicted. I have been for about half a year. I bought the official dictionary, the official scrabble word list book, and even a book entitled Word Freaks, which goes "behind-the-scenes" of Scrabble competition.

In other words, I'm a gigantic nerd. Or geek, if you prefer.

It's gotten to the point where I'll listen to people talk in order to see how many seven-letter words they say. If you remember the rules, you get an extra 50 points for playing a seven-letter word, or "bingo" as they are called among afficionados.

My favorite bingos right now are: tsunami, disdain, and fellows.

Like I said, I'm a geek.

My favorite play of all time was when I began by playing the word "twit". The computer responded by playing "piano".
I played "twitters" to triple (on the second play) and scored 48 points.
It looked like this:


... ... P I A N O
T W I T T E R S

As you might suspect, pi, it, at, ne, and or are all acceptable Scrabble words.

I'll leave it at that, but suffice it to say that I could bore everyone to tears discussing the greatest board game (chess is, in my opinion, the only true competitor) of all time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being a fellow geek, the first thing I thought of when I read the word tsunami was the default SSID in Cisco access points. Tsunami is the name of the company that Cisco bought that makes the radios in the access point.

On the board game topic, at least I can still beat you at chess, though you still haven't officially beaten me at scrabble yet, though now it is probably only a matter of playing a game.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters