BLOG: Sick Experiment

banner

2005/02/20

Sick Experiment

I think I'm coming down with the flu. My head feels like it's been wrapped in a wet towel and my legs feel like I've run a marathon. Luckily, I still have an appetite. I think I can suffer through anything as long as I'm not nauseous. I hate that.

I think it would be interesting if scientists performed experiments on animals to see if they slept more on Sunday. It wouldn't be hard to do, just a lot of data collection.

Here's why- I swear that my pets sleep more on Sunday. Of course, it's a possibility that I'm biased to believe that they do (and that when I'm not around on work days they sleep just as much) but I don't know. At any rate, I'd like to see how science weighs in on the issue.

But IF you're a Christian, this would be a logical belief to have. Perhaps God has wired the circadian rhythms of living things to shut down a little more on Sunday, but I don't know. Another explanation is that our culture reaffirms the rest on Sunday rule through the five-day work week and such. Of course, that doesn't explain the animals, but that's why I suggested the experiment.

Anecdotal evidence is helpful too. So, for the next week, observe your pets a little more closely and see if you think they rest more on Sunday. You might be surprised- or I might just be crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters