BLOG: Hyperlink Madness and Broken Tiles

banner

2005/02/16

Hyperlink Madness and Broken Tiles

Apparently I didn't read the Google Adsense fine print carefully enough- or not at all. Oh well.

I went searching back through my archived entries hoping against hope for a new comment when I noticed the first hyperlink. It was for the phrase "toilet paper", oddly enough. I clicked on it (as I am wont to do) and found myself at a website selling pallet-sized packages of the stuff.

In school news, someone has been breaking the ceiling tiles in my classroom. I noticed that the first one was broken on Friday, but chalked it up to rats (which supposedly run free in the school) or water damage. Then, yesterday, I walked in to find one in four pieces on the ground.

In another McGyver moment, I "fixed" the first one by using typing paper to create a trompe l'oiel. (For a really creeply website that showcases several trompe l'oiels, hit the link below. I'm sure that the town that built the bridge is nice and all, but I think I'd drive through fairly quickly and avoid eye contact.) It worked fairly well and I'm hoping to fix the other one tomorrow. It's larger so it will present more of a problem.

http://bridge.skyline.net/features/features.html

Why fix them, you might ask, when they're so easy to replace?

Good question. The administration seems to have no idea if they have any such replacement tiles (the building is only four years old) or where they would be if they did have them. A simple request to ask the janitor only brings about hushed stares and sibilant whispers, so that's no help. You see, our lead janitor is crazy.

As in one-day-they're-gonna-find-him-sleeping-with-a-rotten-pumpkin crazy.

(Note: My mother was at one time a custodian, as she preferred to be called, so don't think that I'm looking down on the occupation; this one janitor just happens to be crazy. But that's another entry for another time.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters