BLOG: First Casualty of a Long and Bloody War

banner

2005/02/18

First Casualty of a Long and Bloody War

I deleted my first post today. It was the one posted yesterday that had the noble intentions of being an email that was ready to send to visitors' friends. I kept second-guessing it every time I saw it on the screen. It seemed a little too cheap and tawdry. In other words, I wasn't "cool with that" after all.

I made thirty cents yesterday with Google's Adsense program. For those of you keeping score at home, that's a grand total of $1.53 I've made in the past 19 days. Roughly eight cents a day, I believe.

What's strange is that some ads appear to be worth more per click than others. One day, for example, I'll get five clicks but only make about ten cents. Yesterday I received one click and made thirty cents. I suppose it has something to do with the price of the product being peddled. (That was for those of you who enjoy alliteration, by the way.)

This has me thinking that maybe I should pepper my writing with high-end products, in the hopes that someone like Porsche or BMW start advertising on my site. Then maybe I'd make $5.00 a click.

But that probably won't work. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go by Nordstrom's before talking to DeBeers about getting a diamond ring designed. My Rolls Royce is in the shop, so I guess I'll just have to use my private Boeing jet.

Cheerio.

1 Comments:

Blogger dawnsia said...

as long as you have your pride....

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters