BLOG: Tutor

banner

2005/02/21

Tutor

Today I began training to work at Sylvan. Unbeknownst to me, however, three teachers called in sick, so after I signed my papers I was thrown into the thick of things and asked to tutor. I think I did okay, for not knowing much about the process. I had to learn syllabic structure and dipthongs in five minutes, but I managed.

It's amazing how much more rewarding it is to work with a student one-on-one. They actually want to learn. You get to see their improvement and help them when they get frustrated. It's impossible to do this effectively when you have 30 students in one class. At Sylvan, the most I'll have is three at a time, which I can definitely handle.

In site-related news, my blog saw a large spike in page impressions today. Either people have been talking about my posts or the minor controversy I caused on www.lawschooldiscussion.org stirred up some publicity. Regardless, I made a total of sixty cents today. Looks like the 7-layer burrito at Taco Bell will soon be more than just an elusive dream.

Yo quiero.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters