BLOG: Thrift Store Find

banner

2006/09/19

Thrift Store Find

Today I went looking for a bike store that used to be in the area but apparently it's moved. So instead, I went thrift store shopping at the Salvation Army.

I love poking around thrift stores. Most of the time I don't buy anything, because I'm not a fan of clutter, but every now and then I find something I want. (Mental Note: If I ever need golf clubs or crutches, go there first.)

Today I was about to give up, when I came across a rack of coats. Normally used clothes don't entice me, because I don't like thinking that someone else has worn it. But I found a grey wool trench coat that looked to be in fairly good condition. It's roughly knee length. If there's anything I hate, it's a short coat. They just look pointless. And since I'm six feet tall, standard coats look strange.

When I got home, I noticed the buttons had little crosses embossed in them. And there was a slit in the back. Odd. I did some checking on the Internet and apparently I had purchased an authentic Swiss military coat. The slit in the back is for horseback riding. They're not worth much, but I didn't see any on sale for less than the $6.41 I paid for it.

I live in Mississippi, so I won't have much use for it, but it'll come in handy for a few weeks at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters