BLOG: Lawyer Quotes

banner

2006/09/18

Lawyer Quotes

I stole these quotes from here, but it appears that many of them are old enough to escape copyright concerns. Also, many people are too lazy to click the link, so I thought I'd save you the time by listing my favorites.

Litigant: A person about to give up his skin for the hope of saving his bones. ~ Ambrose Pierce

God works wonders now and the,
Behold a lawyer, an honest man. ~ Benjamin Franklin

The lawyer's truth is not truth, but consistency of a consistent expediency. ~ Henry David Thoreau

(I find that quote humorous because it backs up everything I've said about Appellate Advocacy to begin with- how they're teaching us that Truth is relative.)

I think we may class the lawyer in the natural history of monsters. ~ John Keats

A lawyer with his briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns. ~ Mario Puzo

Lawyers spend a great deal of their time shoveling smoke. ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

I would be loath to speak ill of any person who I do not know deserves it, but I am afraid he is an attorney. ~ Samuel Johnson

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOT INSURANCE? GOT A HELMET? GOT PEANUTS?

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters