BLOG: The Speech Bush Should Have Given

banner

2006/09/12

The Speech Bush Should Have Given

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I believe in my heart that what I'm doing is right. You elected me, you re-elected me, and now my job is to lead this country as I see fit, while staying within the parameters set by the United States Constitution and the limits set by the system of checks and balances. I realize my approval rating is in the tank. To be honest, I don't care. I would rather suffer in the arena of public support that see this country lose in the arena of national security. So lambast me, ridicule me, and poke holes in my argument. I don't care. Make fun of the hesitant way I speak or how I blink my eyes while I talk. Don't care.

Terrorists are bastards. Plain and simple. I could hire another fancy speechwriter to come up with words that aren't mine, but I'm tired. They're bastards. They don't understand anything but brute strength, and I'm not looking for an interpreter. Their goals and dreams revolve around us being dead. All of us. Here's hoping they never wake up.

Let me explain what we're doing in Iraq- exactly what they did to us on September the 11th. You see, they knew that more of us would rush in to save our fellow citizens when the towers struck. They used our greatness, our courage, against us that day. When the towers fell (an act beyond their wildest dreams) they killed more because so many of us wanted to stop the loss of life.

I went into Iraq because Saddam had flaunted U.N. resolutions like they were toys. No one knew for sure that he didn't have weapons of mass destruction, and Republicans and Democrats alike fell for the faulty intelligence, faulty intelligence created partly by my father and party by Bill Clinton. So we went in. Now that he doesn't have any weapons, people say it's a bad idea.

Look at it this way- a cop sees a man who has a long prison record standing over a woman in an alley. He goes to investigate. Turns out he's actually helping the woman. The cop made an error in judgment. But was it a mistake to check it out? No. Even if there was a 5% chance that Saddam had a weapon of mass destruction, it was worth it to extinguish that chance. Because Saddam would more than likely sell it or use it or hold us hostage with it.

So now we're in Iraq and everyone's crying to get out. But guess what- we're killing terrorists. Lots of 'em. They're scrambling from all over to try and stop us. And they're dying. Why, pray tell, would terrorists come from all parts of the Middle East to fight us in a country that apparently means nothing to them? Either they want to kill Americans or they realize that a stable and free Iraq is a black mark on their reputation they can't erase. Citizens in their own countries will either move to Iraq or yearn for freedom themselves. Either way, it's a valid reason to stay in the country and stack up the bodies like kindling until we run out of bullets.

So we're using their hatred against them, just as they used our love against us. It's messy, and politically incorrect, but it works.

I'd rather kill every terrorist on the planet and leave office in the most unpopular way possible than go out to standing ovations with bastards and fascists who want us dead still able to harm us and our way of life. So go ahead, make fun of me. I truly don't care.

God bless America."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters