BLOG: Cracked Up

banner

2006/08/30

Cracked Up

Today while I was driving my WonderMobile (i.e. the $600 Camry) I noticed the temperature gauge was acting screwy. Thinking that it needed more oil- a constant issue- I poured in a quart. A few minutes later, the gauge continued its crazy trip up and down. It never ran truly "hot", but it gave me a few scares.

Once I got home, I lifted up the hood and quickly found the source of the problem.

A small hairline crack, roughly two inches across, had formed across the top of my radiator. Orangish antifreeze steam was shooting out of it.

The good news is that I've located the source of the problem, and replacement radiators aren't terribly expensive. Aftermarket ones, made of a high-tech plastic, are generally pretty durable. And it'll surely last the remaining life of the car.

The bad news is I need a new radiator.

Oh well. It beats making a car payment every month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters