BLOG: Bought a Bike

banner

2006/09/10

Bought a Bike

A few days ago I went to the Bike Rack, a store in Jackson that sells high-end bicycles. I was wanting to price some road bikes to see what it would take to get started. I prefer to jog, but my left knee gives me fits. I thought this would be a good exercise option.

Well, they had some very nice bikes. Treks. Like the kind Lance Armstrong races. The cheapest one was $750 and weighed 19 pounds. It looked like it would fly.

I thought about it for a while, and decided that I'd better actually prove to myself that this bike riding idea isn't just a short-term thing before I spent that kind of money on a bicycle.

So I went to Walmart and bought a brand new bike for... $53.77. It's heavier, but it gets the job done. And since it weighs more, it takes more effort, and thus you have more exercise. Yesterday I rode it for about six miles and today I took it on a 7.5 mile bike ride. I have to be conservative because I don't yet know my limits, and I have to turn around at some point and bike back home.

Tomorrow I'm going to go to a bike store and pick up "road" tires for it- supposedly it makes a big difference. Right now I'm bumbling about on mountain bike tires.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yorick,
johnny N would have helped with the radiator. he can still help you with it. did you by chance pick up a helmet for yourself. people who don't have insurance need to wear them...... please!

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters