BLOG: <i>Sans</i> Laptop

banner

2006/08/17

Sans Laptop

I think I might abandon my laptop for a while, at least as far as school is concerned.

The thing is, I get distracted too easily. The Internet is just too much of a temptation when I'm trying to learn about Constitutional rifts and the intricacies of Limited Liability Corporations. Or so I assume.

Last year a few of my more distracted moments included;

1) Painting a picture of Abraham Lincoln with a program called ArtRage.

2) Making a glue type substance out of artificial sweetener and Dr. Pepper, which I then used to glue the bottle top on.

3) Making a paper football game by keeping score with where I hit the side of my Property textbook.

4) Sculpting out of paper a cowboy, complete with hat and bucking bronco.

5) Drawing and painting (with coffee) a picture of my hand.

Yes, the computer is just too much. When you're so easily distracted that a fly ruins your concentration for days, one would probably do best to avoid technology in an academic setting.

So I'll just be taking my books, a notebook, and a pencil. A very bland pencil. One that elicits no impulse or burst of creativity. It can't be too short or too long or too sharp or too dull. The eraser must be worn down in a most average way. Preferably perfectly round with an unassuming color to boot. I'll have to sand off any writing on the side.

I'd better get started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters