BLOG: Blogger Data

banner

2006/08/21

Blogger Data

According to Statcounter, I received roughly 30 hits today. Most of those were from unique visitors- nine or so had never before been to the site.

30 is an incomprehensible number to me. I understand it's miniscule compared to the millions of people who frequent YouTube, but 30 people a day are coming here just to view the things I write. Weird. Weird indeed.

Apparently -probably due to lisahutch-I'm developing a small Canadian following. Canadians, let me say this- I've always thought you to be our quieter, more civilized cousin. When the bombs drop over here (from one of the dozens of countries that hate us- that is not in any way a political statement, just a sobering reality) I would appreciate an invitation to your country. I've heard Vancouver is beautiful, and I even know a little French if that would help.

The Eastern Seaboard, by and large, seems to like my blog a bit. When I pull up a map of geographic hits, it looks like a target map from Hitler's war room. Whether that means I'm decidedly liberal (I'm not; just a balanced thinker) or humorous in an effete fashion escapes me. Meanwhile, the Pacific Northwest seems to hate me. That's fine- I hate them too. Just kidding. It's only an utter disdain at this point.

It's weird to ponder the ramifications of this blog. People I've never met (and probably never will) know more about me than mere strangers should. But I don't care. And what of this, for those who follow The Twilight Zone's crazy logic. Suppose someone took an extra few minutes to read a post, and I thereby spared them a grisly death on the interstate? Suppose, on the other side of the coin, a death was caused because someone lingered too long? Perhaps a jilted lover finds the object of his hatred glued to the computer screen, reading one of my missives?

That's a strange thought, indeed.

Regardless, thanks for visiting. I love Canada and the Eastern seaboard, and hope I don't accidentally cause a heat-of-passion murder.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Hutch said...

I officially extend an open invitation to Canada! Vancouver is beautiful ... but so is the rest of the country! The Rockies are majestic, the prairies are expansive, and Ontario has awesome lakes. I've not yet had the chance to head East of Montreal, but one day I'll hit Newfoundland!

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters