BLOG: Halfway Home

banner

2005/03/23

Halfway Home

Forty-two days left. About eight weeks.

Today I woke up at 7:00, went to work, proctored the Georgia High School Mathematics Test, taught two class periods, left at 4:00, drove to Sylvan, and tutored for three hours. I finally made it home at 8:30, thanks to traffic.

I'm tired.

I bought Garden State on DVD but I can't watch it because I took the DVD player to school to show The Great Gatsby. It's supposed to be about the lack of direction and purpose for those in their mid to late twenties. I think I could relate.

I heard some lyrics today on the ride home that I need someone to identify for me so I can buy the CD. They go like this:

"I'm a twenty-first century digital boy,
I can't read but I have a lot of toys-
My dad's a lazy, middle-class intellectual,
My mom's on Valium, so ineffectual."

It had a punkish metal sound to it, if that helps. Thanks in advance.

I promise I'll write more tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The song you heard was Bad Religion's 21st Century (Digital Boy) off of their Stranger than Fiction album.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters