BLOG: Capitalist Pig

banner

2005/03/20

Capitalist Pig

I think I've found a way to make a lot of money while in law school. I'm going to organize and hold 8-hour ACT workshops at local high schools once a month. The price will be $100, which is a lot less than what Kaplan charges for the same service. Even after rental fees, I could easily make $2000 a day. And I feel that my credentials (which I won't go into here) are substantial enough to make it work.

Test Prep is a passion of mine. I feel that most teachers don't do a good enough job of telling students how important standardized college tests are. Every senior at my high school that works at all has a 3.5+ GPA. What will separate them from the pack is a great ACT or SAT score. Most schools even have "triggers", which means a student gets a scholarship instantly if their test score is high enough.

Right now I'm teaching an ACT class in the morning for free to a couple of volunteers. They are my academic guinea pigs in the sense that I throw everything I can think of at them to see what works. Then, when I go to make my program, I can use the good stuff.

As far as I see, my biggest expense will be marketing and finding a place to hold my workshop. And if I do a great job, word of mouth will take it from there. We'll see how it works out, I guess.

Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters