BLOG: Confessional

banner

2005/03/22

Confessional

It's no big secret that my family reads this blog from time to time, so I find that I have to censor when I write. It's not like I've killed a man or anything, but some things are better left unsaid, I suppose.

That said, I'm going to admit two things I didn't think I'd have the guts for, here for the world to see.

Confession #1: I smoked a cigar last Friday. A Swisher Sweet, to be exact. I know that doesn't sound like much but it's a pretty big deal to me, since I'd never had one before. I haven't had one since and I probably won't smoke one again. But I figured it was legal and smoking one wouldn't kill me.

Confession #2: I went out to the woods about a month back and sat by the creek. As I was sitting there, I began to think about the Native Americans who lived in this area before me and how they must have lived. I imagined them cleaning their clothes in the creek and splashing around. Then I thought about Adam and Eve. One thing led to another, and I decided to see what it would be like going without clothes in the woods. So I climbed down to the water (so the bank would protect me from surprise visitors) and disrobed. It took longer than possible, because I was nervous, even though no one was looking. But I did it.

You can't imagine how weird it feels to be completely naked in the middle of the woods unless you try it. I even took off my wedding ring (not to offend the wife, I promise) because I wanted to be exactly as I was when I was brought into the world. Had it been warmer, I might have attempted to wade in the water. If you're brave enough, I suggest you try it.

Note: I'm really very much a prude, and never would have done it if I wasn't sure no one would see me. The ground was dry, and as such I could have heard someone coming from a mile away. Also, my clothes were nearby, so I knew I could get dressed quickly if I had to.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you smoke the cigar while you were clothesless to keep the mesquitoes away? now we know where your niece got her lovely habit from.

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How drunk where you that time you smoked my Swisher at the bar in Jackson, that you can't remember it.

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters