BLOG: Whores of Blogalon and Loose Ends

banner

2006/08/09

Whores of Blogalon and Loose Ends

This post wil be directed to (for lack of a better term) blogger whores.

These are the people who beg and plead and for links or viewers or comments. Generally, these are also the same people who consistently blog about nothing.

"Please world read about how many socks I own," they post, never realizing that the average human is in no way concerned about the status of their fashioned feet.

The people, bedazzled by celebrity, feel the ever-growing need to force a sprint out of a lame horse. It's amusing to watch at first, but quickly the delicate heart turns to disgust.

Here's my official position, as far as this blog is concerned.

1) I'll link to your sight if I'm impressed by the writing and/or viewpoints. That's the criteria. No where in said criteria is the number of times a person has asked me. I have no interest in increasing my own largesse, much less anyone else's. By the same token, link to me if you feel you want to. But please, leave the third-grade inspired link exchange idea in the schoolhouse where it was born- I can almost see the tattered note that says "Link Exchange? Circle Yes or No."

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

2) As far as viewers go, I'd be perfectly happy if it never increased. I feel I have an intelligent audience, and feel no need nor desire to dumb it down by inviting in mass quantities the unwashed populace. Those that want to read my blog will find it just fine on their own. People find what they want, if given enough time. Just ask any crack dealer. I doubt they're listed on Google, but people find them. And they don't really advertise, I'd imagine. Conversely, those who always advertise (look how awesome my blog is!) usually neglect to mention that the advertisement is more spectacular than the product. They are the used car salesmen of the blogosphere.

I can clearly taste the bile.

3) Comments are grand, and I'm always excited when I click the link and read one. To be honest, I'd rather have five people visit and comment everyday than one hundred visit and no one comment. That said, I don't cry if there's no comments. I don't wander around, trying to figure out how to get them. Instead, I work and eat and sleep and breathe, and occasionally I'll post on the blog. So comment if you like, whether you agree with me or not. I'm perfectly capable of comprehending the fact that intelligent people can hold opposing viewpoints, I promise. In the same vein, I don't regularly post on other people's blogs, so I understand when I go commentless. Zero happens. Suck it up and move on.

Purge complete- rant over.

That said, here's a few things I wanted to post about but didn't have the time.

A. Went to the Delta with my boss and had a great time at trial.
B. Landis is a cheater- I'd bet the farm on it. Synthetic testosterone? Come on.
C. MythBusters is a great show, and I fear I'm addicted to it.

5 Comments:

Blogger BTideRoll said...

Hello - Long time reader, first time poster here.

I'd like to comment on the lower portion of your article. Specifically, item "C". Mythbusters is a great show. Welcome to Cable sir.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Yorick said...

Hey, are you starting back up the ol' blog?

7:46 AM  
Blogger BTideRoll said...

Probably. Need to keep the creative juices flowing and I need to condition myself further for writing.

Problem is - I'm rusty with the whole blog thing. I used to know all of the template coding and whatnot so I could change things around and spice it up. Now it is like Mandarin.

10:39 AM  
Blogger B.C. Barnes said...

Yorick, please read my take on Floyd Landis, maybe you will change your mind, I wont post it here b/c you know where it is.

9:19 AM  
Blogger B.C. Barnes said...

OK, after I posted that comment it made no sense, I meant to imply it is on my blog

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters