BLOG: Zero Hour

banner

2006/04/10

Zero Hour

In approximately 35 minutes I take my legal research "practical" exam. Basically, I'm given thirty minutes to find the answers to five research questions. It counts for 20% of the class grade.

I'm okay with that, but apparently you earn points not only for finding the right answer, but by finding the right answer a certain way. It's like third-grade math class all over again- you know, the teacher who demanded that you "show your work." The whole thing is absurd, if you ask me. It shouldn't matter if a student finds the answer by praying to Buddha- what matters is if they can get the right answer. That's what matters in the real world- producing the intended result. No one cares if your shoes were tied while you did it.

Oh well- I'm nothing but a cog in this fated machine, it appears. So be it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters