BLOG: Contracts is Over (For the Semester)

banner

2005/12/08

Contracts is Over (For the Semester)

Today I took my Contracts final exam, which consisted of 80 multiple choice questions. Sadly, the professor felt the need to supply us with 40 or so of the questions beforehand. These were peppered among original questions throughout the test.

Out of the eighty, here's how the difficulty level broke down:

40ish very easy (based on the fact that we already knew the answers)

25 relatively straightforward (if you paid attention at all, you were okay)

10 relatively difficult (careful reading required and two choices ambiguous)

5 extremely difficult (which means you basically had to guess what the teacher was thinking, as each choice had several philosophical roots and branches that could shoot off into several directions. Thus your answer depended entirely on which philosophy you bought into. Which means the rightness of your answer depends on how well you understand the philosophy your professor buys into.)

More interestingly, the professor moved us in small groups to different rooms, and as a result she needed two clocks. Since I work in the library, I knew where I could borrow two clocks. I brought them and the professor said he/she "appreciated" it, in a way that appeared to me to be non-facetious. Normally this would be totally unimportant, but this is the same professor who might have a reason to drop my grade half a letter due to rumors another student spread about me and the fact that I closed my book a few minutes early in class one day- the day after I was almost killed on the Interstate.

So, hopefully, my clock duty will be a mitigating factor when grades are adjusted for "class participation."

I feel like I easily got 70+ questions right on the exam. How that compares to everyone else, time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters