BLOG: My (So-Called) Break

banner

2005/11/22

My (So-Called) Break

Today is the last day of classes until next Monday, due to Thanksgiving.

In college, that meant five straight days to lay around, watch TV, and eat assorted foods.

When I was a teacher, that meant five straight days to put off grading papers and thinking up assignments.

In law school, it means something completely different.

My plan is to spend at least eight hours on each subject over the break. Given the fact that I have five days, that should equal eight hours a day. Tough, but not exactly Herculean. But, when you add in the fact that I'm taking Thanksgiving off to spend with family and the four hours I'll be working with Habitat for Humanity, the arithmetic gets more daunting. Basically this means I'm going to have to literally lock myself in a room Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, only coming out to eat the occasional meal. I'm going to read over all the cases again, compile notes, take practice exams, memorize, and attempt to synthesize the material until it becomes second nature.

That's the plan, anyway.

I've decided to make a legitimate attempt to score an A in every class. I've also decided that my competition for the exam is not the students sitting around me, but every student, past and future, who has or will score an A.

Believe me when I say this is not hubris, but instead a dedicated and concerted effort to do my best. If I don't set my standard high, I'll grow lax and fall into mediocrity.

Such is my nature.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! I know you can do it. Just remember, in the end, the only person you have to answer to is yourself. As long as YOU are happy, that's all that matters.


me

5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters