BLOG: I Love Autumn

banner

2005/10/29

I Love Autumn

I carved a pumpkin last night- I went with the traditional design, namely triangle eyes and a gap-toothed grin. It looks quite spooky.

About two weeks ago, we had a burst of cool air move into the state and drop the average temperature twenty degrees. As a result, the leaves have begun to turn shades of copper and bronze as the land begins to change into her autumnal attire.

I live in the country, and this time of year means that giant farm machines inevitably rumble slowly down the highway in a leviathan effort to harvest the multitude of crops. They are mostly done now, and the majority of the fields are ravaged and bereft. I wander through them from time to time and take note of the clumps of cotton left behind as witnesses to the taking. Nothing moves and the golden veil of silence covers everything like a quilt.

It is a blessing to watch the world, for a moment, stand still.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters