BLOG: Entrepreneurship

banner

2005/10/26

Entrepreneurship

I've got a fairly decent business idea that I'm looking to implement in the next few months.

I have a penchant for woodworking, and a few months ago I built my first adirondack chair using free plans from the internet.

All in all, the materials only cost about thirty dollars, and I had a chair that was comfortable and quite sturdy.

A quick search on the internet informed me that these chairs (sold as kits) can easily sell for over $150 online. I find this to be utterly ridiculous. Thus, I'm going to build them myself and sell them at flea markets (and eventually online) for less.

In addition, I'm going to hand paint my chairs. This will help to distinguish my product from the others and add a touch of personalization to the finished product. I think that a camouflage chair would sell well with the local demographic.

Any other design ideas I should consider?

2 Comments:

Blogger Yorick said...

Great ideas, fish. I especially like the second one. When I picture it in my head, it "looks" like a Adirondack chair.

Now if only I can transfer the mental image to a real life creation. Alas, sometimes that is a difficult thing to do. If I try it (and I hope to) I will post a picture of it online.

Thanks again.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

you can always do the classic leopard and tiger prints, but i bet you could make a fortune if you painted the chairs with sports logos. i bet you could even add a couple hinges and make them collapsible which would be great for tailgating.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters