BLOG: Twenty Days in May- Hooray!

banner

2005/05/01

Twenty Days in May- Hooray!

It's almost over- I can sense the energy that always accompanies the last few weeks of school bouncing off the walls. The students are more rambunctious, but their actions are tantamount to the final burst of a dying sun. I can't wait for it to be over.

A storm blew through yesterday that dropped the most extraordinary blooms all over my little yard. I'll try to get a picture of them up later if possible. Some were in pristine condition; others were so badly damaged one would be hard pressed to find them in the freshly cut grass. As I compared them, a thought struck me- it's not the beauty of the bloom that's important, but the quality of the fruit it produces.

In that spirit, let me say this- I hope that the process of teaching, while bruising my ideals, forces from me a quality product; namely, to fight for honesty and fairness wherever me and my copy of Black's Law Dictionary decide to roam.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must admit, I, too, have been counting the days. I've got a new position lined up next year, and I'm ready to start NOW. It's a change from being in the classroom, so I'm pumped that it will provide some challenge and change of pace. I'm ready for June.

I've always found this time of year interesting for elementary school teachers. It's hard for us to say goodbye to our kids at the end of the year, so about now, we start to detach. Little things annoy us, our patience wears thin, we count days.

Either way, I'm counting with you and FOR you so you can move on and start a new chapter in your professional life! Except for the suckfest that is the subpoena, things are looking up!

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters