BLOG: On Top of the World

banner

2005/04/04

On Top of the World

My wife and I went to the Sun Dial Restaurant on Sunday night. It's at the top of the tallest hotel in the Western Hemisphere. 732 feet up, to be exact. We rode a glass elevator to the top, which is amazing, considering the fact that my wife is afraid of heights.

The entire restaurant spins around a full 360 degrees every hour. As you eat, you go past signs that tell you what direction you are currently facing. Since the restaurant's in the middle of downtown Atlanta, you get to see the major interstates as they head off into the distance. The most amazing part was watching the sun set, which triggered the city's metamorphosis into a sea of lights.

I ordered the lobster ravioli appetizer, rack of lamb for the main course, and cheesecake for dessert. My wife had onion soup for an appetizer, crusted grouper for the main course, and egg custard for dessert. The price was more than I care to admit, but we saw it as a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I strongly advise everyone to eat there at least once if they ever visit the city. It's a remarkable experience.

1 Comments:

Blogger dawnsia said...

I noticed they have a kid's menu!
Will you take us there if we help y'all move.....again?

5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters