BLOG: Talking Points

banner

2006/07/01

Talking Points

1. Gave away my living room set today using a neat website I enjoy known as freecycle.org. Basically users offer items they don't want anymore, and other users carry it off. I'm happy about it- I would have hated to throw them away.

2. I don't know how national this commercial is, but Chevy has a 3-day sale announcement running on television that ends with a father and his son touching pink ice cream cones together in celebratory conquest. It's the grossest, most vile piece of Freudian filth I've ever seen on the small screen. Either the writers were perverted, or they have no idea what imagery is, or how to use if effectively. It's that inappropriate.

3. I just realized I own over 250 pounds of pet.

4. I'll expand more on this later, but my wife and I gave our 30 day's notice a few days ago. We'll soon be moving south of Jackson. It'll be a LOT cheaper and closer to the law school and work, so that should help out a bit. This will be (counting on fingers) our fifth move in four years, if my math is correct.

5. Watching reruns of Alias makes me tired. The plot is hard enough to follow when you view the episodes sequentially; viewing them piecemeal borders on hysteria. Last time I checked, watching television was supposed to be relaxing. Instead, I feel like I'm failing a Mensa test everytime the show comes on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters