BLOG: Mission

banner

2005/08/15

Mission

Tomorrow, for all intents and purposes, I start my law school career.

I wish, that in my weak power, I could write something befitting such a grand occasion- however, my words fail me. There is precious little I can do to aggrandize such a momentous event. It would be like tossing a match into the hellish sun.

What I can do, however, is honor the opportunity by rising to my utmost- meeting the challenge halfway and carrying the day. This means pressing onward regardless of how many hours I study; reading the case again and again until the message is crystal clear; shaking off that all too human cloak of desperation when so many around me hide in its comforting folds.

For the first time in my life, there will be no excuses for a poor grade. Throughout high school and college working was a financial necessity- I used that situation as an excuse to earn less than lackluster grades.

Now, there is only me and a curriculum. No jobs to hold my attention or time. For the first time in ages, I have only myself to congratulate- or blame.

I want to earn all As my first year at law school.

Not for a job, not for bragging rights-

I want to do it for myself.

I hope more than anything that this happens.

I hope I am the student I truly believe myself to be.

I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters