BLOG: Continuum

banner

2005/08/03

Continuum

I love the fact that I can look out my window and know I'm looking at a scene that hasn't changed in over a 100 years. A Civil War soldier in full regalia could come walking through the field, and he wouldn't look out of place.

There's something special about continuity; it connects us to the past and helps us know who we are. This is something our fast-paced society has forgotten, however. We want things new and shiny that light up, display our email, and play music. Then next month we want the better version. This process, by definition, will never stop. They'll always be something better.

The only way to stop is to climb off the ride and be content with what you have. I'm going to spend my life enjoying what I have rather than constantly chasing after things I don't.

2 Comments:

Blogger BTideRoll said...

good point

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On your last few days of doing nothing you should go to the courthouse and watch a couple of trials. I think they are having closing arguments on the Diaz trial tomorrow.

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters