BLOG: Anxious

banner

2005/08/02

Anxious

I've known for over a year now that I would be attending law school somewhere. That fact hasn't really hit me until just recently, however.

With nine days left until the process actually begins, I'm beginning to grow anxious. It's not a fear, really, just a small worry that sits in the gut. It doesn't even stem from the fact that I'm afraid I'll do poorly- it's more the anticipation of the thing.

I'm sitting on the starting line, waiting for the gun to go off. Worse yet, I don't even know what the racetrack looks like. Is there a curve up ahead? Are we dealing with asphalt or grass? How long is the course? How well do I need to place? How fast are the other runners? What does the weather hold?

I know that no amount of anxiety can answer these questions- yet that doesn't stop them from popping up. I guess my only recourse is to be a nervous wreck for the next nine days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters