BLOG: View from my Front Deck

banner

2005/07/31

View from my Front Deck











This is why it's worth it to live in the country... I'll take the twenty minute drive to the city if it means getting to see this everyday of my life.

Some days the cows walk right up to the fence in the foreground- at night they're so quiet you wouldn't know it, except for the fact that the dogs raise Cain. I've walked clear to the tree line a time or two, and I'm always amazed at how far away it is. Behind that big tree to the left is a small patch of blackberries that makes the trip worthwhile.

The dogs will often return from their trips covered in a grey mud up to their haunches with a satisfied look on their faces. I'm convinced they compete to see who can get the dirtiest, for the "winner" always walks with an extra bounce in his step.

1 Comments:

Blogger BTideRoll said...

How far is your drive to the law school? That is a pretty view. My view consists of another house across the street, and behind that, a large treeline and beyond that lay a bunch of power lines.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters