BLOG: The Worst Intersection I've Ever Seen

banner

2005/02/28

The Worst Intersection I've Ever Seen

On my way to tutor, I always encounter what I consider to be the most ill-planned intersection ever. It is so congested that I easily spend half of my commute inching forward, watching the light change green for five seconds before turning red once again. I occupy the time in between by reading the ubiquitous fluorescent signs that decorate the pawn shops. I don't think I would feel comfortable living some place where the gun market was so glutted.

I counted once- I spent sixteen minutes at the light before I was able to get through. Sixteen minutes. In my prime, I could have easily ran the rest of the way to work in that time.

The problem is that there are two roads merging into one, instead of a typical intersection. The second road gets a lot more volume, so the light stays green for eons and eons while everyone on the rinky-dink road listens to music or eagerly plans their demise.

I've found one way around the hideous beast, but it's not entirely satisfactory. When I arrive early enough, I attempt to find another route around it. But by looking at all the traffic that passes through, it appears to be a bottle neck.

One of these days I swear I'm gonna put the car in park and grab some hash browns from the nearby Waffle House.

I can't wait to move back to Mississippi- where traffic means there's a tractor holding everybody up.

I miss being nowhere. Everywhere is terribly overrated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters