BLOG: Curtains

banner

2005/02/27

Curtains

Last night my wife and I spent the evening in downtown Atlanta watching a theatre improv group at Dad's Garage. My wife loves theatre and I actually taught a few drama classes once so we enjoyed it immensely. Tickets were $15 each and I counted about 200 people in the audience, so they aren't doing too bad.

On this night they performed something called TheatreSports, where two groups of three challenged each other to ridiculous contests and a judge gave out a score ranging from 1 to 5, the latter being the best.

She was also in charge of something called the "scum box" which was handed out if a player on stage did something obscene. If they received the scum box three times, they had to leave the stage immediately. Two of them eventually left, but it was toward the end of the performance, so I think they had it planned.

It's strange that now that I know I'll be leaving Atlanta, I'm interested in learning more about it. Also, since I'm working more, I think I want to make my free time more full and interesting.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey you are very good. why don't you become a newspaper columnist to support your income while in law school?

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters