BLOG: Miscellany

banner

2006/05/22

Miscellany

Still no grades. At this point I just want to know- whether it's good or bad is (for the time being) inconsequential.

Pumpkin, a cat we gave away, is currently stuck in her new home's attic. We drove up there yesterday in a failed attempt to rescue her, but she hid in one of the many nooks and crannies. They're enlisting the help of a live trap- I'm hoping that'll do the trick.

Today at work was the first day I didn't have to ask the lawyer a question every ten minutes. I compiled everything I'd done, he made notes next to each one, and I spent most of the day in blissful independence. It was a good feeling.

Put another quart of oil in the Camry. Since I've switched to the heavier grade oil, the leaking has been reduced to a manageable level (roughly one quart every 2 weeks). Since she gets 34-38 miles per gallon, I don't mind spending money on oil. It really makes me wonder why people spend money on hybrids, since small cars with four-cylinders are reliable and quite fuel-efficient.

Along the same vein, me and my Dad switched out the starter last week. Ninety-nine dollars well-spent, it appears.

Took our dog Dakota to the vet this morning to start his heartworm treatment. Apparently, they still use arsenic as a type of quasi-chemo. The poison is strong enough to kill the heartworms but not strong enough to kill the dog- at least that's the theory. He'll have to be placed in a confined area for the next three months, because if he gets too excited he could die.

If I have the time and inclination, I might head over to the neighboring field and see if the blackberries are ready. I've never seen so many blackberry bushes. I need to learn how to make jelly. But if I don't hurry, the snakes will get them before I do- they have the advantage of living next to them twenty-four hours a day, whereas I have to work the trips around my schedule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters