BLOG: Me v. Big Firm

banner

2006/05/27

Me v. Big Firm

I'm currently working on a case that we picked up about a month ago. Well, my boss has pretty much assigned me this case, since the stakes are somewhat small and it's a good learning process. (He looks over everything I turn in, makes a few suggestions, but it's largely my show.)

The opposing counsel is from BIG FIRM, perhaps the biggest in the state. At this point we're wrangling over a particular point of law. I have to submit something to a judge who will decide the issue after reviewing both motions.

I've put three hours into my motion so far, and I think I've got him pretty good. Of course, that's for the judge to decide. It is exciting, however, to know that you're doing in law school exactly the type of stuff you'll be doing once you're an actual lawyer.

Win or lose, I'm learning a lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters