BLOG: Hell Month

banner

2006/03/28

Hell Month

It appears the law school had done an insidious job of laying a trap for every 1L this semester.

If I weren't the prey, I'd be impressed.

Last sememester, the lion's share of the GPA was calculated using final exams- we had a few things to do during the semester, but nothing that couldn't be written in one night.

This semester is a very different animal, indeed.

I am in the process of finishing a memo that is due today at 1:00. After that, I'll pick up my second memo assignment. It's due on April 27th, I think.On April 10th, I have a 30 minute practical exam in the library that will require hours of practice in the library beforehand.This Thursday, my Contracts group gets an assignment that counts for 25% of our grade in the class. It's due on April 25th.

That would be bad enough, but exams begin May 2nd or so. So while everyone scurrying around to get their assignments turned in, exams will be looming. And exams count, this semester, for 59.3% of our GPA.

So as I see it, I only have a few choices:

1. Use most of my time on the papers and hope they pull up the exam grade.
2. Use most of my time on the exams and hope they pull up my paper grades.
3. Split the time evenly and hope the end result is the same as #s 1 and 2.
4. Load up on Red Bull for five straight weeks and then collapse into a heap after the last exam is over.

Basically, it's a gamble either way- I could burn out doing #4, or just not have time to cover everything well enough to ace it. But if I just skim over everything, I risk not knowing the material as well as my peers.

This month will be the toughest of my law school career- here's hoping it works out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters