BLOG: Water, Water Everywhere...

banner

2005/12/27

Water, Water Everywhere...

Yesterday morning my wife and I anticipated a restful day of lounging around and catching up on lost sleep.

Unfortunately, fate had other plans.

I woke up early to go to the bathroom and let the dogs out for the day. Unfortunately, my injured dog Sassy escaped as well, and I had to spend five minutes chasing her around the front yard.

While that was happening, the toilet was overflowing and dumping gallons of water onto the bathroom floor, which quickly soaked the carpet. (Don't ask me why, but the place we're renting has carpet on the bathroom floor.)

After mopping up that mess with loads of towels, my wife decided to wash them in the washing machine. Unbeknownst to us, the hose on the back of the machine had been knocked loose (probably by a cat) and water began dumping out the back.

Things are dryer now, but it's amazing how every time you look forward to a few minutes of rest, something takes up your time.

Here's hoping tomorrow brings a beautiful basket of nothing for me to enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters