BLOG: Out With The Old...

banner

2005/12/30

Out With The Old...

It's been a long year.

This blog began in late, late January as ramblings on http://lawschooldiscussion.com and quickly ballooned into a full-fledged chronicle of my life.

Back then, my blogging was fueled by a not-so-quiet desperation to leave the field of teaching- when I go back and read them, I can't believe I made it through. Seconds flowed like syrup back then, and I never thought I'd make it to late December in one piece. I think taking pictures and writing helped me escape the humdrum existence that was my occupation. And constant visits to the creek that ran behind my home. Even now, knowing that it's still there and flowing fills me with a sense of peace.

The summer months were filled with hectic plans and several trips from Georgia to Mississippi to get our new place ready. I've moved four times in three years- enough to last a few decades. If I never see that stretch of Interstate 20 again, I'll die a happy man.

My grandfather passed away- a heavy blow indeed. It made me realize how short life is, and how quickly time can fly. If I can grasp life half as fiercely as he did, I'll be okay.

I lost a few pets this year, found a few more, and had one miraculously return after a week-long journey through what must have been hell.

Anxieties about law school and Hurricane Katrina filled the autumn months- I never fathomed having to think about where to buy gas or wondering when things would return back to normal. Slowly, but surely, however, they are.

Winter concluded with feverish concerns over exams and potential grades.

Looking back, I'm glad for all the experiences, but if I had it all to do over again- I think I would have done it differently.

Here's hoping next year my new-found experience leads me down an easier path.

Happy New Year, everybody- may you end up better off this time next year than you are now.

In the end, that's all anybody has a right to hope for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters