BLOG: Modified Business Plan

banner

2006/01/15

Modified Business Plan

In a few weeks, I hope to begin my Adirondack Chair business. I'll start off small, selling a few on the weekend at flea markets or out of my front yard. Then I'll pump the profits back into the business, using them to make more chairs. It's very important to me that this business be profitable from the start- generally speaking, it's not a good idea to just throw money at a problem.

If it grows, I have a friend who can put up a website where people around the world can buy my chairs in ready-to-go kits. But that might be a ways off yet- we'll have to see.

My big epiphany came a few days ago- earlier I was wondering whether to paint the chairs a solid color or either paint designs on them- in effect, using the chairs as a canvas. Then I realized that there was a happy compromise- I could use different shades of wood stains to create simple silhouettes on the back of the chairs. This would enhance the marketability of the finished piece and yet still allow the beauty of the natural wood to be displayed.

Hopefully it'll work out in real life as well as I envision it in my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters