BLOG: Lucidity

banner

2005/03/04

Lucidity

Has anyone out there ever experienced a lucid dream? For the uninitiated, lucid dreaming occurs when the person sleeping realizes they are dreaming. From that point on, they are slowly able to control the dream to greater and greater degrees.

For some people, this appears to be almost a natural state; others have to work on it for the ability to manifest itself.

I've had a few, so I know it's possible. But they did not last long enough for me to fully enjoy them.

The one I remember the most involves me sitting in a meadow next to a red tricycle. Suddenly I realized that I was dreaming. At that moment they typical haziness of the dream vanished and everything appeared remarkably clear. It was as if a bomb of clarity spread out over the whole scene. Not content to enjoy the lucidity (my first mistake; the first time you're just supposed to enjoy the feeling) I decided to test my new found powers. So I chose to turn the tricycle into a pony. I don't know why, exactly, but I'm a very random person.

Well, upon seeing the tricycle actually begin transforming into a pony, I freaked out, the scene started spinning, and I woke up. I think that if I had just tried to push or ride the tricycle, I would have been okay. But I tried to do too much at once.

For those who are curious, one way to encourage lucid dreaming is to wear a wrist watch. During the day, look at the watch constantly and imagine the hands going backwards. Eventually, this will become such a pattern in your life that you will do it in your dreams. In your dreams, however, the hands actually will go backwards, which will trigger the realization that you are dreaming. This will then trigger lucidity.

The ramifications of lucid dreaming are mind boggling; one is allowed complete control of any situation one can imagine. Any situation. Think the Holodeck from Star Trek, only while you're sleeping.

My description is probably not terribly exciting- for more information visit the site www.lucidity.com. It is exhaustive and truly the gateway to amazing things. Truth be told, I'm a skeptic at heart- but take my word for it- this is possible, and worth the effort.

If any one out there has had a lucid dream, please share the experience. I'm interested in learning how others use this incredible skill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters