BLOG: Write-On, Write-Off

banner

2006/06/21

Write-On, Write-Off

I begin writing for the Law Review competition on the 23rd.

I must become a master of the BlueBook1, which is the bible for law school comments and casenotes. Which is funny, since I learned the ALWD Manual2 during first-year.

Horror stories (some true) about the competition abound- that just one misspelled word spells doom to the unwary writer, and if a footnote is one character off- well, you might want to look at HVAC school3. I'm just sayin'.

Basically, it's an opportunity for those who are gluttons for punishment to shine. Which sucks, since I'm kinda laid back.4

_______________________

1. www.legalbluebook.com
2. www.alwd.org/cm/
3. www.hvacschool.com
4. Just ask anyone who knows me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

does this mean you will be able to write for the "Law Review" or just in the running to win a spot?

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters